Slidell, Louisiana Roofing and Roof Repair
In Slidell, Louisiana, Shifflett Roofing is proud to offer the utmost in service, experience and materials for roofs of all types. If your roof is beginning to show signs of age, or if you are noticing water getting inside your home, you may have questions about your roof. Is the issue something that can be repaired? Or is it something serious enough that you may need to replace the roof altogether?
There are many factors that go into this decision, and your best bet is to contact one of our qualified service representatives to inspect your roof and determine what is needed. Until then, here is a brief explanation of the options in front of you.
Repairing Your Roof
With the increased cost of materials, transportation and insurance, replacing a roof can be an expensive proposition these days. At Shifflett Roofing, we do everything we can to repair your roof before recommending you replace it.
Fortunately, there are several conditions that might make it seem like the roof is a total loss, but with our expertise and experience we can restore your roof to the best condition possible. Even if you have the following issues, your roof may recover:
• Water coming in through the roof, then entering the house through a wall or window.
• Leaks appearing in vents, ductwork or brick mortar.
• Areas of rot in wood or flashing around the roof.
Even larger issues, such as improperly installed coping or flashing, or a roof built at the wrong angle to properly shed water, can be a matter of a simple repair job. Sometimes, however, the issues are far more deep-seated and will require:
Replacing Your Roof
First and foremost, we will always consider your health and well-being the largest factor in recommending a roof replacement. As mentioned, this can be a very expensive and complicated process, so we want to ensure that you enter this decision fully informed of all the variables that can come into play. Beyond your safety, some other factors that play into the decision to replace a roof include:
• The roof’s age. No roof can last forever, and the typical asphalt shingle roof your home most likely has can only protect for so long before it begins to lose integrity.
• Water spots inside or outside the home. These are generally easy to spot, but difficult to track to a source. A slow leak can run quite a ways away from the original entry point, but regardless of whether it’s inside the home or on an exterior wall it usually indicates leaks in the flashing.
• Condition of individual shingles. Your shingles should ideally lay flat, but if there are signs of cracked, warped or buckled shingles it’s a good sign that the roof has reached the end of its life. You can repair a few shingles here and there if there is minor damage, but if they are deteriorating due to age it may be time to replace your roof.
• The roof’s shape. A visual inspection will quickly reveal whether your roof is straight and well-angled or whether it shows signs of sagging or drooping. Any dips in your roof’s angular design can trap water, leading to rot and moisture that can damage your home.
• Loose granules running off of your roof. During your roof’s lifetime, it will naturally shed granules that will appear in your gutters. If the number of granules increases suddenly, it could mean bad things for your roof. Look in gutters to assess the amount of runoff and keep an eye for “bald spots” on shingles.
What Sets Shifflett Roofing Apart?
The first step to figuring out whether you need a new roof or if a few repairs might suffice is to schedule an in-depth roof inspection with one of our experts. Each of our inspections is carried out at no cost and with no obligation to you by one of our certified Master Elite Roofing Inspectors.
To reach this prestigious designation, our inspectors must adhere to the highest industry standards as set by GAF, one of the country’s oldest and most trusted manufacturers of shingles. As a Master Elite contractor, Shifflett Roofing must maintain a rating of “excellent” with the Better Business Bureau, achieve a 99 percent customer satisfaction rating based on GAF surveys, and of course be fully licensed and insured.
Only three percent of all roofing companies in the country hold a Master Elite certification, meaning you can trust our experts to deliver an accurate assessment of your roof. Once they deliver their recommendation, we’ll make sure you are fully informed of your options so you can decide on the next step. That means showing you exactly what you can expect with an estimate customized to your unique needs that delivers everything you need, and nothing you don’t. And our fast and simple financing makes payment a breeze.
Whether your roof needs to be repaired or replaced, our GAF-Certified Master Elite Roofers will schedule their work around you, ensuring you are inconvenienced as little as possible. It’s part of the community focus that sets us apart, treating each customer like a neighbor just as we have for more than 23 years right here in Slidell.
Fill out the form below with your contact information or call (504) 329-5665 to schedule an inspection today.